STREAM and Robotics
At Epiphany we implement a STREAM- integrated approach to teaching and learning by bringing Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics together just as they so often do in the real world.
In April 2022 Epiphany Cathedral Catholic School earned the distinction of becoming a STREAM certified school. A Florida Catholic Conference STREAM certified school integrates integrates science, technology, religion, engineering, the arts, and math education. All Catholic schools do this to some extent but, the STREAM schools go further.
- The mission and Catholic identity of the school are fully integrated into every aspect of the school.
- All classrooms are centers of fully-engaged 21st Century learners.
- The curriculum is arranged in such a way that the subjects are coordinated to support each other and promote a natural way of learning.
- Interdisciplinary project-based, inquiry-based learning is evident throughout the school.
- Students demonstrate an increased STREAM literacy. Students have an understanding of religious, scientific, artistic, technological, mathematical, and engineering concepts and processes for personal decision making and participation in civic and cultural affairs.
- Professional development for all staff members is a priority. The individual professional development plans flow from the school’s goals, focusing on innovative data-driven instruction.
- The professional learning communities within the school and with other professional educators highlight the STREAM topics, improvement of instruction and learning, use of data to make instructional decisions, innovative integration of technology, and methods to continue to improve the Catholic culture of the school.
- Authentic use of technology by both the teachers and the students is an integral part of the teaching and learning.
- The designated curriculum and/or STREAM coordinator oversees the STREAM program to ensure a cohesive plan is implemented throughout the entire school.
There are currently 15 FCC STREAM schools in the state of Florida and more that are currently working on the STREAM certification.
To learn more about the certification process, click here.
FIRST LEGO Robotics
FIRST® LEGO® League guides youth through STEM learning and exploration at an early age. From Discover, to Explore, and then to Challenge, students will understand the basics of STEM and apply their skills in an exciting competition while building habits of learning, confidence, and teamwork skills along the way.
Learn more about First Lego and how they are inspiring youth through hands-on STEM Learning.
Epiphany has our own Robotics Club that meets weekly and prepares for First Lego Tournaments throughout the year. Contact Christene Jakoby, Robotics and STREAM Coordinator, for more information. Email: email@example.com