Welcome to Our Preschool:
Fully Accredited through Florida Catholic Conference
The mission of Epiphany Cathedral Catholic School is to provide excellence in education which nurtures a loving relationship with God and builds a caring community that serves others. Epiphany Cathedral Catholic School established our preschool in 1990.
Our 2020-2021 VPK Assessment results from the Florida Department of Eduation indicated that 90% of our VPK students EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS in Print Knowledge, Phonological Awareness, Oral Language/Vocabulary, and Mathematics. Well done Mrs. Stuart and VPK students!
Click here to Create a Parent Account and Apply for the 2021-2022 school year!
Jackie Stuart: Preschool Director and PreK 4's/VPK teacher
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood and Elementary Education
- Master's of Science degree in Exceptional Student Education
- Florida certifications include: Director Credential, Primary Education, Elementary Education, Varying Exceptionalities, VPK Certified
- Intermediate Catechist Certification
Chris Collins: PreK 4's/VPK Teacher Assistant
- A.A. and CDA Degree from Manatee Community College
- Continuing Education courses through USF and Sarasota Technical School
- Basic Catechist Certfication
Juli Duzs: PreK 3's Teacher
- Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Certified VPK Teacher
- Basic Catechist Certification
Maryann Henderson: PreK 3's Teacher Assistant
- Master's Degree in Education and Human Development
- Basic Catechist Certification
Our Day and Curriculum:
Epiphany Cathedral Catholic Preschool utilizes Frog Street Curriculum, Writing our Catholic Faith, and various supplemental materials that enhance the students' learning. The Preschool follows the Florida Early Learning and Developmental Standards, which can be found here.
The day begins at 7:45 AM with school wide prayer, Bible verse, Pledge of Allegiance, our Mission Statement, and announcements. Students then go into "circle time" where they learn about the calendar, days of the week, month, season, and discuss the weather. The day is filled with academic time, play, arts and crafts, prayer, singing, dancing, and our specials. Every week students learn a new letter, number, color, and shape and do many activities with them--for instance, the students read Humpty Dumpty, learned the letter E, the shape oval, and the color white. Our afternoon is filled with our "Wrap Around Specials." The students will have Spanish, Technology, P.E., Art, Music, and Library as their specials! They are able to go to the big school for Art, Music, and P.E. and visit the Library and Technology Lab. On Fridays, the students receive a blessing from our Parish Priests. This is an exciting opportunity for the students to interact and ask our priest lots of fun questions!
School Options for PreK 3s and PreK 4s:
- Full Day: 7:45-2:30 PM--includes lunch, nap, and wrap around specials in the afternoon
- Half Day: 7:45-11:30 AM
- VPK: The Voluntary Prekindergarten Education Program – or VPK – is a free prekindergarten program for 4 and 5-year-olds who reside in Florida. Participating children must be 4 year of age on or before September 1. Parents can enroll their child in the state’s free, voluntary prekindergarten (VPK) education program that year or wait until the following year when their child is 5. Click here to learn more about the VPK Process at Epiphany.
- At Epiphany the VPK portion of the day for our PreK 4s is from 7:45-11:30 AM, you can then choose the "wrap around" which would be a full day until 2:30 PM. There is a tution amount associated with the "wrap around."
Come Take a Tour and Meet our Teachers!